Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 8

This week, just like last week, turned out to be quite dull and uneventful due to my project being halted temporarily while the problems with the wes machine are dealt with.

On Tuesday, I helped my supervisors Sarah and Bret run a plate that had various samples from different regions, using various antibodies and biological markers, to try and diagnose what is causing the issue with the wes. After we ran the plate, I helped with some paper organization and lab clean up.

On Wednesday, I came into work and realized that we had used an expired plate for the previous day's run, so we had to rerun the plate. After that, I helped with more paperwork before calling it a day.

On Thursday, we again reviewed an article during the lab meeting, and I watched as all of the others critiqued the paper very thoroughly. After the lab meeting, I shadowed other researchers and generally helped around the lab.

On Friday, I spent the morning talking with two researchers about building 1/6 scale World War II R/C tanks until Sarah came in. I then shadowed other researchers for the remainder of the day, as well as cleaning up the lab and making it tidy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rohith, don't be discouraged! I know you can make it through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you're nearing the end of your project, what are you primarily learning from the experiments that you have been conducting for the past few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great work Rohith! You're almost there. I guess you're learning about problem solving.

    ReplyDelete