Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 7

This week, for once, was very uneventful.

The problems with the antibodies still hadn't been resolved, so I didn't have much to do on Monday. In the morning, I worked on sorting out the samples for the hippocampus region so that we would know where they were when we got to that point. After that, I went to lunch and worked on my study design for the rest of  the day.

On Tuesday, I spent the entire day working on my study design because the problems with the wes had still not been fixed, and I could do nothing to help because many of the problems were occurring outside of my control.

On Wednesday, after waking up at 5:30 as usual to get to the Arizona Biomedical Collaborative at 7:30 as usual, my supervisor Sarah told me that there was absolutely nothing to do in the lab that day, so she said that I could go home early. At least I got to take a long nap after I got home.

On Thursday, during our weekly lab meeting, we discussed changes in the NIH's standards on data reporting. The other lab member's gave me valuable tips on how to carefully take notes on everything that I do and on how to properly report my data. The remainder of the day was spent cleaning all of the excess ice that was built up in the freezers. Hopefully the problems with the wes will be sorted out by next week.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your study design is coming along nicely! What are the changes to NIH's standards and how will this impact your lab and its prior research?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your colleagues have been sharing tips with you! Hope next week is a little more eventful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You have to wake up so early! At least Thursday was full of discussion and reports. Hope next week is livelier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well sometimes I guess it's good to have a slow week. Makes the other ones that much more exciting! Hope you're next week gets a little more action. Keep it up with the study design!

    ReplyDelete