Friday, April 15, 2016

Week 9

This entire week was spent cataloging the runs on the wes machines. This basically entailed sitting in front of computers all day typing in data into excel sheets. And yes, it was just as boring as it sounds. So instead of boring you all with the details of my wonderful week, I shall share with you pictures of my lab and what I do.



The workspace
This is where my supervisors primarily work at. As you can see, there is a lot of equipment in the picture. However, I do not know what most of it is used for. I only work with the stuff immediately surrounding the blue pad in the front of the picture.

Close up of workspace and equipment
Pretty neat, isn't it. The only thing missing from the picture is a tray full of ice and samples, because my supervisor would yell at me for pulling those out just for a picture.



full lab bench

Here's a picture of the entire lab bench. Despite what it looks like, we do not use the space for hopscotch. At least most of the time.

The Freezer

Open Freezer

























Here is the infamous freezer that I always complain about. I'm surprised that I haven't lost my fingers to hypothermia after all of the time that my hands have spent in the freezer. Well, it's not that cold, but my fingers are numb after a full day in there. And that's just about everything in the lab, that I use at least.
























4 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the hop scotch!! thanks for sharing some visuals of where you've been spending your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially the hop scotch!! thanks for sharing some visuals of where you've been spending your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the lab looks like fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures; it definitely gave me a better understanding of where you are working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I would just want to play hopscotch all day. Great job losing focus! Haha

    ReplyDelete